buying a gaming comp -- need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flare

Baseband Member
are these good for computer online gaming? any other suggestions? appreciate it, thanx!

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
200GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
16X Dual Layer DVD+RW And CD-ROM Drives
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
Integrated Sound Card

7 USB ports in total

it also has 2 firewire ports and 9-in-1 card reader, but i dunno what those are...

Okay a few things I know your new

#1 most important thing for gaming is a graphics card. You have intergrated and it cannot really run gaming.

#2: If you have ever heard of AMD processors, they dominate Intel in gaming are are usually cheaper.

If you could give me a budget to work with, I am sure we can find you a much better PC.

whats the total price? we can help you build a MUCH better pc for the same price.

Few comments:
Try looking at some AMD, and read reviews on both, and choose what one you prefer. Lot of epople will say amd is better for gaming, but there are those intel hardcore fans, which i do respect who prefer them.

For the video card.. that wont cut it for new games on high settings. Try looking at some good ones, not to expensive if ur on a budget, 6600gt, or even a 9800 pro or so.

ive never heard of AMD before

ive heard something similar to that though...

for that price ur looking at:
amd 3500+ 939 90nm
mobo to choose from( a good ones)
6800gt
2x512mb ram (your choice) we can recommend some

basically the pc u see in my rig, is wat u can get with that money, maybe even better

U-Toast said:
for that price ur looking at:
amd 3500+ 939 90nm
mobo to choose from( a good ones)
6800gt
2x512mb ram (your choice) we can recommend some

basically the pc u see in my rig, is wat u can get with that money, maybe even better

1500$ CDN is cutting it close to get a 6800GT and 3500+

Also do you feel comfortable building your own PC, or would you like to have somewhere build it for you?

Also, do you want to overclock your computer right away?

EDIT: What size of a hard drive were you looking for too?

Also, I will build a system tommorow because one of my favourite stores has it's sale tommorow :)

i heard NVIDIA and GeForce are a good pair to have, but i dunno if that's tru or not

AMD is an other brand just like intel, that makes cpus. They have lower frequencies than intels, because of how they are made. They do more work per clock cycle, meaning it is more efficiant than the intels.

The graphic card is prolly the most important piece you need for gaming.

check out www.newegg.com and look at some parts to see what we are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom