Lost partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichol

Baseband Member
i didn't know what's going wrong with my Samsung harddisk. Long time ago ( i mean 'bout 2 years ago ), i split my HDD to C: (programs) and D: (Data) drives. About two months ago, i lost my partition ( D drive ). I'm going mad till now! That's happened after i install Pirates of The Carribean game. so, my D drive can't be detected and i didn't know how to recover it. i've tried the trial version of "partition recovery V.1.0" software, but i still can't recover it (the Demo version limited to recover the lost partition, just detect it, oh...dammit), i've tried "test disk", power quest partition magic V. 7.0 but all result nothing. does anybody here can help me? best attach me something or show me the site where i can download some stuff related. please help me recover my loss. thank you very very much. :)
by the way, i have Norton Disk Doctor report file attached 'bout my HDD. hope it could be used.

Attachments

• 257bgyellow.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 61
Boot to a win98 floppy ( you can find them all over the internet) and at the dos prompt, type "fdisk".

Choose option 4, display partitions (I think it's 4). See if you show a primary and extended partition. If you only see a primary then look at the size.

It could be windows just stopped seeing it. Wouldn't be now for an M$ os. If that's the case, I'd reinstall your OS. If it's not showing up in DOS, then it's time to clear out the whole ball of wax and repartition your drive. Unless you can fix your master boot record. But that's not an easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom