Ordered the parts for my new gaming rig!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Finally got my tax return!!! I was going to go on vacation but I said, "Screw it!" Build a gaming PC instead!

Here's what i ordered today...

AMD FX-55 $815
Zalman 7700 HS&FAN $49.00
DFI "LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI $215.00
OCZ PowerStream 600W PSU $211.00
OCZ Enhanced Latency Platinum Series (1GB X 2) DDR PC-3200 $484.00
(2) Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA $370.00
(1) Seagate Barracude 400GIG 7200RPM SATA $334.00
(2) nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra's $1,000.00
(1) SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro $215.00
(1) DVD 16x SAMSUNG $26.00
(1) HP DVD BURNER with Lightscribe $89.00
(1) Standard Floppy/6in1 media card reader $30.00

TOTAL: $3790 (Roughly)
I still need to buy a case but can't decide which one to get. Anyone have any case suggestions?

wheww....went a little crazy did we :D

Congrat's man, that is BAD ASS!!!!!!!

IMO, thermaltake makes kickass cases, so you can take a look at them on newegg

btw u shoulda gotten the g skill LA/LE rams instead

ThermalTake Shark is one that I was looking at.
g Skill LA/LE's are nice, but I love OCZ RAM. Overclocks extremely well. Very Stable!

Damn delicious dude. You did get OCZ Platinum Revision 2 right and not just the Revision 1 platinums? The Rev2 OC's even better.......personally you would been fine with 1gb and woulda gotten way better RAM OC"s......2x256 OC's insanely better than 512x2 and 1gbx2 ....well honestly I don't know because mose 'xtrememe world record' type people use like 2x512 for benching purposes.

The G.SKill and OCZ Platinum Rev2 both OC to really high FSB's with relatively low voltage and tight timings, so either one would be good.

Still freakin nice though man.

I'd suggest you flash those Ultras with a GT Bios, then use a program like Nibitor and change the GT's BIOS voltages to an Ultra then reflash it.

I say this because the GT's RAM timings are faster and you'd actually get better performance ;)

Good deal. I dont like the SLI how you can have 2 Video Cards. I know that it makes for better graphics, but I dont much care for that. Good Deal though, Congrats.

damn you you hurt mine and my computers feelings. *mutters selfish jerk. jk thats pretty freakin sweet. and hey if you have any left over "vacation" money, send it my way :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom