Gigabyte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadahaf

Daemon Poster
Would you trust this company to make a video card for you?

I saw one of their nice ass 1212131424x nice :)6600 gt, but I usually am lured into sh*t companies without knowing them I know giga makes kickass mobos, but havnt heard of them making cards, would (or do you) trust this company and are these cards reliable.

P.S. brb so I wont respond for a few ;)

It does depend upon which card you are getting as some manufacturers manufacture exclusively. If you're going nVidia, I would look into eVGA and BFG which usually sells cards with stock OC.

My card seems to be doing fine right now, but ealier today (today only so far) i had to turn my comp off for a few minutes because i was getting a little noise out of the fan. Like it was lose or something.I dont know why my last card and this one are makin that noise. I think it might have to do with dust though, i need to get a bottle of compressed air and give my computer a nice cleaning!

BFG and EVGA are booth good manafactuers, even though eVGA is 2.0ns ram (and I think the others are 1.6)

XFX is good too except they have a few more broken cards than they should, and MSI is also worth considering.

ASUS is good but overpriced

Gigabyte makes good video cards and motherboards. A lot of their video cards I have been seeing come with large copper heatsinks and heatpipes with no fan. That way you get good silent cooling for your video card. So, yea, basically, I wouldn't be worried if you are getting a gigabyte.

I do hear though that ASUS has some outstanding overclocking capabilities on their motherboards. Does this run the same for their video cards?

If only XFX could fix up their reliability, then they could be a good seller with their bundle package. MSI seems to be the corrected version of this, giving great software bundles with reliability. MSI & XFX run for around the same price.

I believe ASUS video cards do overclock great, I hear they are excellent cards but personally I think they are still too overpriced even though you are getting good quality.

Agreed. For an nVidia card, the cost to performance capability ratio can't be that different while comparing something like ASUS to eVGA.

ASUS' 6800 GT is $480 while eVGA's 6800 GT is $379, both with the same stock power.

whats the timing on asus's vram? 1.6ns?

if it is then why spend the extra money, it wont O/C any better than the next XXX vcard with 1.6ns vram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom