overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygor

Daemon Poster
I dont know what the general consensus on RAM is here (how much is overkill) but I have just ordered another gig (2x512) of pc3200 cas 2.0 ddr400 ram which will mean that I will have 2gig... I got a bargain on this ram (prices seem to have fallen since i bought my first 2 sticks in january)..

is 2 gigs of ram too much at the moment? or can you never have too much?

anyway its ordered so am looking forward to seeing if it makes any difference!

As I have seen on computers so far (most of which are the people here in their sigs), many people are running 2GB. That honestly looks like too much RAM, but people have different uses for their PC. I have to say that I run a load of garbage simultaneously, and I only ordered 1GB of RAM. If that isn't enough, then I'll pick up another pair.

there's really no difference because you'll probably never use more than 1 gig of memory

2GB is plenty so that's cool. And you will be ready for the future with that extra RAM anyway. I don't think PC-3200 will go out of style for a while yet.

1gb is really more than you need. Like diablo said, chances are you won't even use up the first gig, but hell if you got it for a steal why not

Insane multitasking like me :p
Just running my desktop I am using like 700mb of RAM so when I am gaming it up I like to know that I have the memory available. Because typically when I'm gaming I'm running a little over 1gb of physical RAM usage (not paging file).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom