One Terabyte hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the heck needs proof? They're just names given to big numbers. You just go up by 1024 and give it some new name.

Sport1031 said:
After an Exabyte is Zettabyte, and then Yottabyte. Not even kidding.

yeah i can back that up.

bytes.bmp

FileFront has a mere 5.73 TB of stuff, so it would be rather difficult to fill it up. But shoobierat has an impressive start... a lot better than my "measly" 15GB pile of files.

i dont use too much space. its hard to believe tho, that 17GB was lost in formatting.. thats quite a bit!!

c.jpg

I don't see the need for Terabytes on home computers at this time, except for bandwidth hogs that download anime all day long *cough* YourPrinter *cough* Its mostly just for bragging rights IMO.

you can count on it lmao... since when was anything new in the computer world cheap.

As to these things being "unfillable":

If any of you were around in the days of the 486, there were whopping 2 gb hard drives, at that time programs were about 10mb in size, with games maybe being 15 mb.

People at that time were like "oh my lord, how will i ever fill that all up"

today itd be a miracle if you could get windows xp and 1 other program running on a 2gb hdd without filling it up. And on top of that, a lot of games these days are over 1.5gb in size, and the largest I have ever seen, R:TW i do believe, is what 3gb or 4.5gb in size?

HDDs WILL get to/bigger than 1tb, and programs will become larger and larger, plain fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom