Building An AMD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
I am thinkin about buildin an AMD computer. For mainly Gaming of course.

What would be a good AMD set up? from cooling to chip sets.

If possible i would like a cost effective set up and one that price isnt an issue.

Just get yourself an Asus SLI Delux mobo with a 64 FX-55, two 6800 Ultras, 250Gb Seagate Barracuda, western digital raptor, 1 Gb Geil RAM and a vapo chill water cooling kit.

Something along those lines will be a nice gaming machine if your not worried about price.

whats wrong with the pc in your sig? unless you get ^^^ you will probally be disappointed.

After reading the above post, I took a look at your sig ... your cutting it a bit fine on the power supply side aren't you ?

yea, i made another post about my power supply. Im gonna buy one on Thurs. still undecided what to get though. =\

The Computer in my sig, theres nothing wronge with it, just eventually i was thinkin about buildin an AMD machine. I hear they are a bit better with gaming, im sure i wont notice it but still. Never hurts to try new things :p.

So other then the stuff you posted up there catbert, what kind of AMD chip am i lookin at? I dont know much about them, like the 2700, 3200 or whatevers at the end of them. :Dhaha. Anyone able to distinguish the difference between the chips in power wise (Ghz)?

About AMD and Intel ghz power, here is a little allegory. the 2 processors are cars. One car is much faster (intel), but the other one has a driver that knows all the shortcuts and the secrets (AMD). So they are able to arrive at the destination at about the same time. Now, my 3200 is clocked at 2.2ghz. Im positive that it could beat an intel p4 3.2ghz into submission

haha, nice story there ;).

AMD is like one thick Pipeline apose to 4 Pipelines like a P4 right? not like it matters though.

ZOOM!

AMD's have shorter finner pipelines that allow the faster processing. Intel has thicker longer pipelines, allowing higher clock speeds, but it takes longer for it to do the process.

dhw200, I like how you explained it there though.

Also, I know im cutting it extremely fine with my psu. It will not be a long term solution though. I will get a job over the summer (hopefully) and get a few parts for my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom