Extending a partician

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBennett

Banned
Could anyone tell me how I could extend a partician without having to fromat the drive? I just need more available disk space on a partician.

I don't have any special programs like partician magic and was hoping this coud be done via Windows boot disk or by booting from the WindowsXP Pro installation disk...

Will this work? If so, how would I go about?

Thanks in advance! This would save me a ton of work!

I don't you think can use Windows Boot disk to create/edit a partition of a drive because it needs to be done in the installiztion stages when first installing Windows.

Your best bet now is to use a thirdparty tool such as, Partition Magic 8.0 etc.

Try searching google for "Partition HDD Tools" - "Harddrive Partitioning Tools"...

Unfortunately your not going to be able to resize your partitions and keep your current data without destroying your data unless you use a non-destructive partition manager such as Partition Magic etc. I don't know of any reliable free non destructive partition managers, perhaps someone else does.

I've heard a lot about it. Is there a free version? Or a free trial offer of any kind?

If not, is there a freeware program that can extend a partician that anyone is aware of??

Thanks!

You could download this for free, it apparently lets you partition/resize etc without losing any data:

http://majorgeeks.com/download3291.html

Its shareware so make sure it will everything you need without it being registered.
I can't promise whether it's any good or not as never used it so I suggest you make a backup of all your important stuff before using it just in case.

well, XP pro will let you extend a partition thats NOT the primary partition. Just change it from a basic to a dynamic disk and then extend the partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom