Deleting a deleted file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glj12

Solid State Member
Hi all,
Is it possible to get a program that deletes all deleted files? B/c I had this with System Mechanic, (system shield) and now it just doesn't seem to work. It seemed to always clean up about 4-6gigs of space for me. Are there any other utilities like that out there? if so, please paste a link here!

Thanks!
Glj12

Your just asking for trouble with those programs.I wouldnt bother with them. Why do you need/want to delete them for? Before you know it, you will be asking us how to get back your deleted file(s). Be careful

Well, when I highlight all the folders in my own drive, (C:) it shows 10.5gigs used. The it says in C: under properties that I only have 244mb free. What should I do?

What is the capacity of your harddrive? From the manufacturer? Looks like around 12gb? to 15gb?

Try doing a disk cleanup, compress your harddrive, if your running xp, go to diskmgmt.msc and see if there is unallocated space, if so, format it.

I should format my hard drive!? Ok, but is there a way for it to delete everything except for Windows XP Proffesional?

formatting unallocated spacw will not fomat your whole harddrive, just the unallocated space, when its finished, there will be another drive listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom