Water Cooling System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd just stick with the distilled water and zerex, as long as you leak test before you install it in your system you really have nothing to worry about, plus the distilled water/zerex coolant will save you some money.

The fluid XP page on Xoxide (not that I want it) said that it IS possible to get non conductive UV dye, but for all the searching I did, I came up with zilch.

Yan

3rd post, sorry.

Approx. how many Oz. of water or MCT -5 are in the average cooling system?

Again, sorry for the spam, should have condensed this, will do when I have time.

MCT page loaded for me.

Regarding the tubing, no you got that backwards.

The tube fits around the OUTside of the barbs, you want the barbs OD to match with the tubes ID.

Never said it wasn't possible to find non-conductive UV dye, but normal UV dye would negate nonconductive effects of stuff like MCT-40 of course depending on how much you put in.

You will be hurting your cooling performance though dude getting MCT-40 and mixing in UV dye. That MCT-40 already has worse properties than the distilled water/zerex mixture we've been telling you about.

Also I don't think there is a set average of ounces. Every system differs so I think it'd be basically impossible to get that info.

Alright, I have read through most of this Topic, and have decided that I may have a case that is too small. Here is what my cases looks like on the inside:>>http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-156-164&DEPA=1<<. This isn't exactly my case, but it looks identical on the inside (couldn't find my case anymore).

My wires from my power supply takes up a crap ton of room on the inside of my case, so that is my main concern. I am not a modder at all, so I wouldn't feel comfortable modding my case. So my main question is: Does tubbing take up alot of room? Or should I go ahead any buy another case? Wouldn't want to get another case, but would consider it if I could water cool with it. Thanx

There is no alternative to water cooling. It's in it's own category.

It'd be REALLY tough to fit in a good sized tubing water cooling kit in that mid tower man. Especially if you went with a weapon heatercore, as you've probably read they are 2 120mm fans on that thing, so it's pretty big.

You're already having a tough time with wires, don't count on trying to stuff even more things in that case and have it work out well.

Modding that case is about your only option.

I'd highly suggest nothing than a full tower especially if you wanted 1/2" tubing.

1/4" tubing is the smallest they got, but that kills performance and a weaponcore uses 5/8" barb which is slightly bigger than 1/2" tubing so those things aren't made for such tubes.

That arctic cooling looks to be nothing but air solutions

Yea, that is what I'm saying. Just somthing that will still use fans but heat better than the standard fans that come on stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom