How to install a DVD/CD Rewritable Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devo87

Beta member
I need help on how to plug in my drive. Everything is okay when I plug everything to the New DVD/CD drive but I can't find where the other end goes which should be to the secondary IDE connector.

is there a connector on another cable, such as hard drive or other cd drive? your talking IDE to Motherboard rite?

yeah, i have a Primary IDE connector, which is connected by the Hard disk drive but I don't have a Secondary IDE connector for the new DVD/CD drive or one that fits anyways

I believe so but the IDE cable doesn't fit since it is bigger. I've also been trying to plug in the Primary IDE connector to the new DVD/CD drive and not even use to secondary one.

If we know your mobo, we can look it up and help you better by finding documentation etc on it.

Or, just look for your HDD IDE connector on your mobo, there should be at least another two IDE connectors, one of which is smaller than the others [ FDD connector ].

The connectors should actually be labeled for what goes where.

why would I need to buy a new IDE cable if I could use the primary one for both devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom