Ram.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
i try to.... but being a no one in the middle of no wheres with a girl bugging you most of the time makes it hard... and i know my hardware.. just not very well...

Nubius said:
Nah don't get heatspreaders. Those G.Skills along with TwinMOS are some of the most OC'able memory out there and they dont use heatspreaders which many people suggest don't do crap anyway. Just get a fan blowing over them and they will be more than fine.
What if you just get some copper ramsinks and install those on the RAM yourself? On xoxide.com you can get copper ramsinks for like $7. Wouldn't that help solve the heat problem a little?

Like i said the heat wont be a factor with my case being realy cold allready, and the way my side fan sits and the layout of my board is, theres a 80mm fan blowing on the cpu fan for added cooling and its blowing on the bottom 2 ram slots.

What if you just get some copper ramsinks and install those on the RAM yourself? On xoxide.com you can get copper ramsinks for like $7. Wouldn't that help solve the heat problem a little
Yeah ramsinks would be better than heatspreaders because you know it's good contact. Best bet is to take off the thermal tape those ramsinks would come with and use like AS5 in the middle and dabs of super glue on the corners of the RAM chips instead of thermal epoxy so the RAM sinks can come off if you need them too.

Like i said the heat wont be a factor with my case being realy cold allready, and the way my side fan sits and the layout of my board is, theres a 80mm fan blowing on the cpu fan for added cooling and its blowing on the bottom 2 ram slots.
Meh well I'm sayin those high ram speeds and somewhat high voltage (2.9 isn't THAT high) but with running a high MHz the RAM will get warm enough to sometimes not want to work properly

guess what, was going to order the memory TODAY and i wreck my car.... now ill never get that memory.... guess it will be on my wish list for xmass.... if they still make it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom