Finally Getting A 6600gt!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
macdawg said:
I'm thinking about switching from ATI to Nvidia. So I delete my ATI drivers, download Nvidia 6600 GT drivers, then install the card, then turn back on & install Nvidia drivers?
switching from ATI to NVIDIA is a big thing
I would recommend a complete reformat, but if that is not an option then run driver cleaner at least and try to remove as much of the ATI drivers as possible, but actually ATI's software uninstall utility does a pretty thorough job of getting rid of the drivers, it's pretty cool.

dale5605 said:
switching from ATI to NVIDIA is a big thing
I would recommend a complete reformat, but if that is not an option then run driver cleaner at least and try to remove as much of the ATI drivers as possible, but actually ATI's software uninstall utility does a pretty thorough job of getting rid of the drivers, it's pretty cool.

wow i didnt expect that answer from you :p

ordered the 6600 GT today, and a new 420 watt 12V power supply.

Far Cry was playing choppy on my X300 even though I have a 3 gig P4 and 1 gig RAM, I decided to get the card of the tech forum, the 6600 gt.

don't want to hijack pizzamans thread here, but I've never installed a vid card or power supply before, so I might get the laptop next to me & come on here & ask questions if I get stuck on the drivers or something while I'm setting everything up.

I'm sure it's fine. The x300 is not a powerful card, it isn't really meant for gaming as much as just regular graphics duties, it's basically an onboard I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom