Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnairgunz09

In Runtime
bad couple of days. first my hard drive went out went over to best buy bought a new 80gb got the installed so have to set eveything back up my connection is giving me problems it was giving me errors on the windows update site. then it told me to click auto find settings i did that now it wont work at all then i tried to set the settings back and still nothing im running dsl i have the ethernet hooked up into my network card from the router which goes to 2 more comps and a xbox i need help figuring it out. any ideas? thnx

well, I like the Runon format there. Very nice. :)
First, what OS are you using? What browser?
Under IE there is an option to use AUTO detect settings. You will need to turn that off. If you are using XP, do a repair on the active connection. Should be under the right click menu from My network places.
aside from that, are you getting an IP from the router? can you ping the router? can you ping and external site?

im using windows xp the connection works on this comp that is comming off the router but on the main computer i cant get it to work it loads the very first page and but then slows down then just quits all together....

another problem im having is i cant connect to windows update to get sp2 even when i was able to connect. im using ie 6 btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom