Speakers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
I need some good suggestions on a speaker setup. I skimped a little and didnt order any speakers with my new Alienware. I'd call them and add a set to the order.........................but the way things have been with them, I'd probably get delayed for weeks because of it. So, I'd like to stay under $400 for a good set.

Hey!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=36-121-120&depa=0

I JUST got these, and THEY ARE (hmmmm, I won't say orgasmic), but simply and truly amazing. The sub is massive though, but massive physical=massive "soundical" lol. Buy them unless you NEED (thought I did, then I realised I DIDN'T) 7.1 surround!
Each single speaker seems to compare with my old 2.1 system, (testing done with sub half way, as a single satelite simply cannot have full sub power output).
Depending on your media preferences, you may want to grab an extra sound card, such as one with OPTICAL OUT, because unless you have a sound card with coaxial out (MUST built in, cable morphers DON'T work). There is a nice one on www.NewEgg.com for a reasonable $50.00 that has optical out.

I highly reccomend these over anything, you should definately look into them!

Good luck!

Yan

Nice DiabloII, same link as me, maaged to sneak it in first, arrrrgggggggggg, that was totally supposed to be me, then I got side tracked providing useful info ;)

What are you looking at using speakers for?

Gaming logitech makes nice speakers, 7.1 helps.

If your just into music, it makes more sense for a stero pair of good speakers

OK, spam! Just wrote this review on Newegg.

These speakers are, amazing, simplpy put. They have excellent sound from lowest to highest, and the subwoofer does NOT "bottom out" for me, that other person must have had a bad set.

Pros
- Excellent sound
- Loud & Powerfull as all h**l!
- They shake your chair, and give you a headache when loud enough!
- Guarenteed to p**s anyone off with-in the same building as you/me!
- Too many more to list.

Cons
- Individual speaker connections on back are not as shown in the pictures, not RCA type connectors, but red & black connectors, which makes for slightly more cablemess.

Buy them now, what are you waiting for?

Yan

yea, the logitech is great for gaming

now if i was in college or something i'd buy those speakers :D

too bad i'll have to wait 4 more years :(

Thanks guys!! Yeah, the main purpose for the speakers will be Hardcore gaming and Music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom