IE Option need reversing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Bah! I always do this atleast once lol

I'll click on a wmv or mpg or something like that, and somehow manage to click that 'Always open this file' so now if I click on it, it'll automatically start downloading it to a temp folder and then open it in winamp. I want it back to the way it was where it'd ask me if I want to save it or open it....anyone know how to change this setting back? I believe I've asked this before and no one could figure it out.

Stupid IE and it's damn inability to reverse options

Is it only for wmv or mpg files or all file types? Try going into windows explorer >> tools >> file types >> delete offending files types that are giving you problems in IE. Now go and download 1 of those file extensions and associate it with the correct program and then add the file extension back in windows explorer through the tools >> file types etc.

If that does not work then try this. Open Windows Explorer >> tools >> folder options >> file types >> find the .mpg & wmv extensions and highlight >> click "advanced" >> check "confirm open after download."

edit - It seems my second option is what Microsoft recommends as well as the "official" method.

Not Prompted to Specify Download Folder for File

Well I think I accidentally clicked it on both mpgs and wmvs lol....hell maybe even AVI's haha..

I think I got it to work now though, thanks :)

Your welcome, glad it was taken care of. I screwed up my Opera dialog box once for avi's and it drove me crazy for hours. :p

yeah like I said I've done it in the past too and MAN does it bug me. Generally just had to live with it until a new format haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom