cpu cooling advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
Im thinking of buying the new Volcano 12, hsf. If i bought this then attached it to my processor (the specs of my comp are shown below ^^), Would it help me in overclocking??? i.e. Will i be able to o/c further than my current status.
My comp is CURRENTLY overclocked at 2.16ghz, im trying to get it up to 2.4, lol is this even possible for an Amd Athlon 2500+?? some ppl have told me some stories but i dont know if their bsing or not... so help!!! lol
thanks,

i'm suprised your chip hasn't blow with the stock hsf on there, but good luck... btw, what's your chip temp right now? mine's stable around 53-56c right now, and i'm getting scared, i know it's a safe temp, but cooler is always better =)

/\ agree. You won't get very far with air cooling. Time to take the leap to water if you want to really push it.

Just make sure that you have enough money to buy a new chip if you f it up.

Demalii my current system temp is 58 degrees celcius, but im getting scared as well :S

Demalii said:
i'm suprised your chip hasn't blow with the stock hsf on there, but good luck... btw, what's your chip temp right now? mine's stable around 53-56c right now, and i'm getting scared, i know it's a safe temp, but cooler is always better =)
damn, ya'll must not have very good processors or something. i did this with retail heatsink/fan and i have a 1800+ t-bred. i have it OCed to 2.2ghz and it stays under 50 C except when gaming. what's up with ya'll processors?

2.2ghz.JPG

Syphanx said:
Demalii my current system temp is 58 degrees celcius, but im getting scared as well :S

Man, I've got a 2600 and it's lower then that. I'd make sure your HSF is seated properly and you have enough thermal paste on there.

yeah ive put heaps of thermal paste on there, but as i said in a preious post, i bought some cheapo thermal paste and not artic silver 5 and now i regret it. and Bandage_boy, what is the program u r using to see ur temp?? I currently use H monitor, but it's not excellent :D

if you want that cpu monitoring program goto this link and get the 3.1a version or whatever is the newest full version

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html

my one question is does it monitor cpu temp anywhere, I havent been able to find it yet...

**I'm personally stickin with air for now, I'm not too trusting when it comes to water and sensitive circuts that cost big $$$. The only thing is when getting a new hsf you must consider the number of divisions in the hs itself (more equals better heat dispersion over the hs surfaces) and one neat concept that acutally does make sense, the thermaltake series has a ducting mod that takes air at a different angle than stock hsf.

Normal stock hsf have a dead spot in the center where the axle/motor of the fan is stored so there tends to be a 'hotter' hot spot directly over the chip, negating the whole equal dispersion idea**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom