soundblaster 2 zs
sata 80gig hdd
nec dvd burner
nec cr rom
floppy drive black
case aspire x-plorer
power supply antec neopower

total should come out to about $1200

im a newb and i really dont know if that stuff will make a mean machine. so go ahead and murder me.

antec made this for me so thank him.
dale did some major contributions too.

o and the hard drive is the RAID kind. there will be 2 of em workin together.

lol, the raid isn't in the hdd it's in the mobo controler or card controler you get :)

unless you can get a x850xt pe pci-e 16, i good you get an evga 6800 ultra, or a gt then flash the bios to an ultra. what kind of games are you gonna play? doom=nVidia. ATi=HL

does my mobo not work with a raid or something?
is something not raid compatible?
and ill be playing doom, counter-strike, and probably some good ol' half life 2.
thats really all the games i know of.

nah, x800 xl is way better for the money

everything is good and that computer will run everything you want it to smooth and will probably last for a while

but if you ask if it's a dream machine? in most people's terms, yes, but to many people with actual knowledge of comps, no, since the dream machines are those $3000+ machines with every possible expensive hardware

no you are tottaly compatible with the raid for sure man, well i would just stick with that card that, she'll treat you fine for a while.

:) alright

and please what is this "x800 xl"
and besides that, is everything is order?

or a gt then flash the bios to an ultra.
Nah I know Ultra owners that flash theres down to GT, because the GT has faster timings for the RAM...the GT Bios has a lower voltage though but that's easy to change using Nibitor.

Castro - (sorry dont feel like trying to type 1337 :p ) The X800XL is just an ATI brand card. For a PCI-E board it's a good alternative to something like the 6800GT being that it's about $80-$90 cheaper for around the same performance, this only applies to PCI-E though because the AGP version is the same price as the 6800GT inwhich I'd favor that, but for that board I'd stick with the X800XL

Everything else is cool, BUT the new venice core was just released, so you might get that instead of the winchester core ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom