Dumb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
I've got a Dell 19 inch viewable monitor. How can I tell what my max resolution is? When I right click and go to properties/settings, my res allows me to go up to 1600/1200. Is that my max?

if thats the highest your settings will allow, than thats either the max of your monitor or your video card.

Yeah. If you've got a newer graphics card chances are it supports up to like 2048 so if the slider doesn't go that high then that's your monitors max

Thanks guys. Do you know what the max res is on a 6800 Ultra? Well, I guess that really doesnt matter if my monitor's max is lower than the card. :) Anyway, thanks guys, I appreciate it.

yo 180mhz, where did you find that windows thing in your sig it's so funny, lol. yeah you're lucky, my queer lcd only gets up to 1024x768 but then again it's only a 15inch.

i think the max for the ultra is 2048x1536@85mhz

My LCD does 1280x1024, but hell it's not like the 6600GT could handle a huge resolution like 1600x1200 anyway, it might do decent, but certainly with no AA and AF

I doubt that I'll crank my res up to 1600x1200 even after I get the 6800 Ultra, but it's nice to know I can if I want. :) My current card is an Ati 9700 and I run it at 1024x768 on a normal basis and it does pretty well.

i like the 1280x1024 setting but this stupid monitor doesn't suport it :( it's nice to have that high of a resolution if you hook it up to the widescreen tv...72 inches to be exact ;)...it's so awesome playin cs on 72 inches of pure wide screen lol.

Refresh rates on TVs suck though. I run windows at 1280x1024, I used to think that was just way too small, but now I'm used to it and want nothing less lol

Believe this is a 17" LCD i'm on

i was using the 1280 settings on a 19inch crt.

but playing on the wide screen was still freaken awesome!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom