Question about LCDs and Dead Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
I have a problem. I want to get an LCD in the next few months, and am looking to spend $200-$280US. On newegg, that will buy me a very decent monitor. But my problem is that for me, ANY dead pixels are totally unacceptable, and I will instanly return if one if found, even in a corner. Problem is, newegg wont accept returns for anything less than EIGHT (imagine having 7) dead pixels. My other plan is to buy from a retail store and tote my laptop and UPS along and test the thing in the praking lot, returning it as many times as needed to get a good panel. This is nto ideal, because it will end up costing me over $100 more (a good 17 on bestbuy/ciruct city still costs $350-$500). Anyone else have to deal with this problem? Would the manufacturer replace a 1 dead pixel panel under warranty?

well on newegg it's 8 or more dead pixel for return, anything less, they won't accept it

your best bet is to just to go to a retail store and test it out before you buy it (if they let you that is)

That would save everyone a lot of trouble, but it's not a problem to take it out to the lot and test it there. Heh heh, I'll be sure to read their return policy thoughly before trying this... The returns people are liablte to get very angry at me for returning an item 10 minutes after buying it. I'll hold them to that "Total Satisfaction" policy... Anyway, I'll pay a big premium, I've been spoiled by newegg prices :)

lol, i like the idea of testing it in the parking lot, lmao. walk in 5 mins later "it has a dead pixel". "wtf, where do you live". "in my car".

if you have seven dead pixels, take a black marker, put a couple more black dots on it & send it back to newegg.

Well, my old monitor had 2 deadpixels but this didn't bother me, what did was the double vison since it was a 25ms monitor and silly me not knowing anything about monitors just jumped in because the price was good. After time It started to bug me because it was going slow in games/movies wasn't so much as browsing but you could notice it a little so I wanted to return it - I was thinking what could my excuse be? I couldn't blame it on the deadpixels because it was something like 4+.

So I un-screwed the back and whent into the circut board and removed a power thing on the actual board that looked like a little black tower which was very small and when putting it back together I removed a wire which was easy visable.

In the "Why are you returning it section" - I added - There is no visual on this monitor, it wont turn on - I have had a look at the connecters which I got with the monitor but nothing although when I was just checking around the back for lose cables or faults I found that there was one lose, since I don't know anything about it - I sent it back, this may or may not be the problem.

Oh yeah they refunded the cost. I was hoping for some compensation costs for the monitor and for my troubles ;)

Anyways hope this helps ;)

Make them unpack it and test it in the store before you buy it.

People do stuff like that at WalMart all the time. If it doesn't work, there's no paperwork, and they can send it back without all the hassle for you and them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom