Buying OOOOOOOLD PC Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wish you had asked last year... We got rid of a warehouse full of old stuff from the mid 80's including an IBM Mainframe and like 100 VM terminals...
One place to look is www.redemtech.com. They get some old stuff once in a while and are pretty cheap.
Good Luck

Ive got 2 xt's --- one with a cpu upgrade - to 286 i think...- no monitors though... will hafta open the box and see. . . they worked when i stuck them away. . . let me know if your interested. . .

weriov i know what you mean. i was born just before 1980 and i used a ... well it was so old i don't remember what the hell it was. but it was lots of fun playing thexder, double dragon II, and zazzon on it. and it had this jukebox that played beverly hills cop 2 using the pc speaker, beep, boop :eek:

all you would need is DOS and the software i would think. the hardware is not that important unless that is part of why you want it. if you think the hardware is hard to find, i bet it is nearly impossible to find the software

Actually, I still have a whole lot of the old software...it turns out software's smaller and thus more easily overlooked by parents looking for more storage space ;)

The problem with using my current hardware and loading it with an old version of DOS is (1) I can't do it and still maintain my existing PC stuff on XP and (2) the CPU is too fast for lots of older games, which basically were programmed to run "as fast as the CPU will let me".

Thanks for all the suggestions of places to look--I'll keep a weather eye out, and if anyone knows of other places please let me know!

Ive actually got a really old "Macintosh 128" (you wouldn't be looking for that though)
it's specs:
128 KB of hard drive space
little 12 inch black and white monitor, like 150 by 250 resolution or something
one button mouse
keyboard has not got numpad or F1-12 keys
black and white ribbon ink printer

well swap meets rarely have stuff that old
try garage sales, the trading post, or at this site: http://mailman.plug.org/pipermail/pluglist/2003-February/000973.html

PC Liquidators (google it) They sell parts for $1-3 and whole machines for $8-9. They have pallets full pf old machines off lease.
You should be in old part heaven.

weriov, I think all the old computers in the world can be found in Vietnam.

( And if you want the old computer from here, you better buy the
new one because all the old computers I used were broken after one or two weeks )
:angry: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom