Ram.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Why wouldn't it work with your board because it's enhanced latency? Your board is socket 754 though so as I'm sure you know dual channel won't be happening.

I wouldn't suggest that RAM though, at normal 2.6v it'll run 2-3-3 timings, and it says at 3.2 volts it'll run 2-2-2 timings, so it's meant for people pushing serious volts through it (up to 3.5 without voiding warrenty) which you aren't going to do, not without mods anyway.

If you want to spend ALL the money on the RAM and you want ridiculously good performing RAM then I suggest this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-231-008&depa=1

If you bump up the voltage to 2.9 you can hit some serious high MHz, upwards of DDR600 speeds if you know how to OC ram with a decent amount of knowledge.

They don't come with heatspreaders (which some people suggest is actually a good thing, very widely debated topic) so for those real high speeds I'd suggest getting an 80mm fan to hover over the RAM.

On a little cheaper side I'd suggest these:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-890&depa=1

They'll also hit those high FSB's fairly easily

I think ill go with that first choice... Just hope i dont end up killing my PSU considering it has enough problems with my system's power needs...

Oh and temps are no longer a concern to me, because my room sits at 64F and my cpu is at 75F under a heavy load now in days :p But ill just buy some of them nice little heat spreaders with the lights or something to make it look nice...

If your gaming why dont you get a new video card and PS combo, like a 6600GT and Thermaltake TD-420AD

but im in dire need of a gig.... i have a lot of programs on my computer running at a time and sometimes i get down to 1mb free..... thats not a good idea. plus my ram is a huge bottle neck in my computer... Plus my games work just fine with war 3 tft and halo on that card hell they worked fine on a geforce 2

Nah don't get heatspreaders. Those G.Skills along with TwinMOS are some of the most OC'able memory out there and they dont use heatspreaders which many people suggest don't do crap anyway. Just get a fan blowing over them and they will be more than fine.

If you did get that RAM and you OC'd it to quite a high level then he'd have a really big performance boost in overall system speed, but that's IF you can get that RAM to work at the higher FSB's.....mind you you'll need to lower the HTT Link speed multi from 4x down to like 3x and maybe even 2x if you go really high (this of course assuming your board is 1600HTT to begin with)

When I said "if you get that RAM" I meant the G.Skills

I don't even own a AMD64 system and everytime I talk to an owner of one and mention the HTT Link speed they never know what it is lol...know your hardware! :p

Your board is 1600 or 2000HTT right? Well if it's 1600 your link speed is 4x, and if it's 2000 it's 5x, it's the Hyper Transport multiplier to give that overall high system bus speed.

All amd64's are 200HTT, meaning it matches that of PC3200, know what I mean?

Well for a 2000HTT board it's 200x5 = 1000 x 2 = 2000 that x2 is because of it being a 64bit CPU.

Unlike socket A's where you can OC the frontside bus beyond 400, it's never recommended with the AMD64's nor will it really even give you a huge benefit. So if you raised your CPU htt to like 250 then it'd be 250x5 = 1250 x 2 = 2500, way too much for the board, so you'd have to lower that link speed down to 4x to accomidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom