Problem during SP2 Uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
what shoobieRat is trying to get at is that the bios is not connected to your operating system it is to do with your hardware. you should still be able to get into the bios whether you have an operating system installed or not.

anyway best of luck sorting it out

Yeah, if you can't get BIOS to come up, yer futzed. You're in the market for a new motherboard at that point.

Just make sure yer hitting the right key, and during POST, NOT during the Windows startup screen. At that point, it's too late to enter BIOS.

I always forget what button to flash my bios is. Just hit F1, F2, Insert, Delete, Home, End and hope your bios flashes. I assume you know what do from there, just set to boot from your CD and you should be fine. I suggest trying to repair your installation first. Then if you don't have anything to back up to delete your current partition and create another.

hehe, I just figured out yesteray, how to fix it all.
First wife said, she didn't have Recovery CD's, then I asked to look better and she found 3 of them somewhere.
Then just went to Toshiba website and read some stuff from there.
After pressing F12 I was able to choose from menus on Toshiba screen. Unfortunately formatted HD, but nothing else could be done (good thing she only had some pictures I send her from my PC) and then just went clean install of WIN XP :))

Oh, what a nice reward I got back lol not to make anyone jealous.

Thank you for your help guys. Thanks a lot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom