Easy Open-Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say Mandrake 9.2 with KDE. This comes with Openoffice.org.

That will be all somebody needs.

the reason people all know how to use windoze is coz they been usin it since forver. And so microsoft has a big monopoly, as a person will use micrsoft and then their children will use microsoft and there childrens children will use microsoft and...
Believe it or not Unix users have a hard time with windows when they come to it.
Also X Windows is not at all hard to use (in fact its even easier) and all Linux distro's dont vary that much hardly, it jsut a matter of choice - all the programs are the same.
I personally prefer SuSE as its leading at the moment, has best support, easy to use, but there are others (Red Hat, Mandrake, Debian). I cannot remember why I ever used windoze (prehaps it was for 3D Studio Max) but my computer hardly ever crashes, which was a long time ago (and even then there was no resetting my machine just ctrl + alt + backspace to log out).
Windoze is crap, and as long as microslop keep turning out shit I am not using it. Get Linux. Educate the masses. The reason people dont use Linux is coz half the world doesnt know what an OS is and the other half has never ever seen any other OS in action. The tiny minority has never ever experimented and has been scared of change, and the even smaller minority try and get somewhere in life.
Yeah! you keep using windows! (its all good and stuff)

The only reason I'm using Windows at all is because I can't get Winex to run BF1942. As soon as that happens (hopefully with bf1942's next patch) I'm ditching windows all together. At least untill HL2 comes out.

Especially now the new kernel 2.6 is twice as fast as the old one (which leaves windoze where?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom