Would this comp be good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
My dad has decided he might buy a computer this summer for me to play games on. I tryed to talk him in to a custome made one but he does not want to becouse he is afraid of things going wrong with it (i.e bad manufacture warranty ect) So he says hes buying a dell.

Now i know what your thinking (probably that same thing i was) what and idiot this guy is. But i really dont have to much choice in the matter. So tell me straight up how good is this comp?
Could it run doom 3
Counter strike source
BAttle for middle earth
Long awaited AGE OF EMPIRES 3!!!

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=hardwaretab#tabtop

Thanks alot (please note that i may upgrade that graphics card later but as stand alone specs and upgrade ability do you think its any good for the long run say 1 year-2 years?)

Thanks for the help.

good luck with upgrading the graphics card in a dell but:
Yeah, that would run doom3, cs, bfme and aoe3.... but keep trying to convince him to get a custom one, for 1400 you could do much better than that

Why do you say good luck upgrading a graphics card in a dell? I did it with my old one?

But also my dad has this thing about dell, he just buys from them (he does get 20% off) so im just wondering if that will be a really good gaming rig (he is thinking about upgrading to 2 gb ram)

For gaming in general 2gb of ram is supreme overkill. Plus its probably the easiest part of your computer to upgrade down the line if u feel the need

VIII said:
if he can do that, get at least 1gb

It will be 1 gb plus no doubt, im just wondering if this will run stuff really well ( i have never heard of the 925 Chip set)

AMD are much faster than Intel for gaming, and due to Dell being d!ckheads they wont use AMD (also makes getting Intel cheaper for them)

If you buy what we suggest you will buy from stores and company's that will easily accept a broken product back and send ya a new one without hassle.

Even with a 20% discount Dell is bad unless your buying their low end PC's (cant make one that cheap, but they break in a year anyways). Tell us exactly what your putting in it so we can build a PC here to suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom