Increase Video memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
HEY !

I have a real old motherboard [from 2001, I think], and it has integrated graphics. My problem is that when I use 3DMARK 2001, it says my video memory is too low, so I can't benchmark. I know some motherboards allow other people to change the settings of how much video memory you want. Is there a way how I can change this? I know that this willl take some memory away from my SDRAM.

Specs:

Giga-Byte GA-6VEML
Intel Celeron 1300 MHz oc'd to 1560 MHz
Maxtor 80 gigabyte hard drive
A stick of 256 SDRAM
8 MB of Video memory[yeah that's sad i know, on the brochure it said it had the power of a 4x AGP. Marketing bastards]

Re:

Hello,

You can only modify the amount of allocated system RAM to onboard graphics if your BIOS allows you to. There should be an option somewhere in there which allows you to alter it.

If not, then I'm afraid it's an AGP port graphics solution for more memory.

The BIOS doesn't let me do that!!! AHHH!! lol. But there is something on the BIOS that says: AGP aperture size, even though I don't have an AGP slot. It is set to 128 MB. Isn't there a software that can increase my video memory?

desiboi said:
The BIOS doesn't let me do that!!! AHHH!! lol. But there is something on the BIOS that says: AGP aperture size, even though I don't have an AGP slot. It is set to 128 MB. Isn't there a software that can increase my video memory?

Alvin just told you how to do it

The aperture is the amount of system memory that will be allocated to the VRAM once it runs out of it's own memory, but I believe it might be limited to an AGP based video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom