Venice: Doorway to 3GHz AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm sure either, Intel already had their go with strained silicon which was intended to reach 5GHz and that failed miserably, so I dunno if AMD can get it to pay off or not.

They do seem to be keeping temperatures low (except the Toledo) which is always a good sign and it also seems to overclock pretty far just on stock voltage (I saw the stuff they had at xtremesystems too :D).

Once they get all these new cores out together where I can compare 'em then I'll see which once can overclock the best. Who knows, maybe I'll grab a 754 board if the mobile is the best of the lot (25 watt processors sound awesome :)).

Yeah I've seen a lot of the mobiles hitting 2.7 and 2.8GHz on air, but hell on that same note I've seen the winchester cores do the same thing, so realistically it's not even worth it to go mobile really. Man I hope SOOOO much that with the dual cored mobiles that it migrates to socket 939, I'll be sticking with AMD mobiles as long as I can haha, but if it's on socket 754 I'm not gonna do it.

Also I think that Venice currently just has a 'cold bug' where it doesn't like those ridiculous temps, whether it be 20C or -40C it seems to not want to go beyond 2.8GHz which I believe is because of that dual liner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom