Venice: Doorway to 3GHz AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweeet.. When they invent FX-59 is when I'll be going down to my local computer shop and buy a FX-55 :D (hopefully it'll be $300)

lol I got a socket A mobile :p

Yeah I just posted some news about the venice yesterday gaara, not this article though, but it showed how it compared to the winchester version of the 3500+ version the venice, and of course the venice one in every benchmark, It also beat out the FX-53 in 3dmark05 CPU test lol.

Buuut I won't be looking to go AMD64 for over a year, so who knows what they'll have out by then lol

Oops, guess I missed it, stuff gets bumped here so quickly. =/

It's crazy how quickly everything is advancing, and this just leaves another appealing choice for me to debate.

Toledo...Turion...Venice...Athlon 64-M

So many bloody choices. :(

I wish they could just combine everything into some super multipurpose CPU, or you could custom order a CPU to suit your specifications. That'd be soooo sweet. :)

Sigh this makes my 2800+ on socket 754 look like complete shit now....
Don't feel bad mate, my AMD is still a 1.3GHz Socket A Duron. :D

Don't know if it's the doorway to 3GHz though gaara. It's been in the Xtreme system news for a while when someone got ahold of an earlier release. Don't believe the chip wanted to work at -90 temps and the guy who had it at -40 didn't get far beyond 2.8GHz, so the main thing here is with that new dual stress liner that it can go beyond 2.2GHz which the winchester I guess didn't want to do more times than not although of course we've seen OC's that say otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom