geforce fx 5500 for doom is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i went to best buy today to get a new vid card the guy there said the same thing he said it didn't matter what size processor i had the celeron just won't run it no matter what vid card or how much ram i have. so i am going to buy me a new mother board and p4 processor then i will upgarde to a 6800 vid card so i can play my $30 game. minus the new monitor i got because i wanted one anyway this $30 game is going to cost me $750 if i want to play it on my 1 year old machine. thanks for all the help i just wasn't thinking about gaming when i got it. i have a ps2 and it isn't comming out on it and i loved the other 3 dooms so oh well. thanks again

Yea, well, best buy is good not much...they know nothing.
It'll run; it just won't be breath taking. All the gaming systems that most everyone here has are set up to run games on full settings w/ max quality. Anyways, you already have the game right? Just instal it and run it...lower the settings to the lowest limit, and then start kicking the settings up 1 by 1...till you find a good mix of no lag and detail.

I got to run Doom 3 on my PC

Intel Celeron 1300 MHz oc'd to 1560 Mhz
Integrated 8 MB of Video
1 stick 256 of SDRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom