A good firewall needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinyman

Solid State Member
Howdy all,
I'm looking to improve my PC security.Always used Zonealarm,but if a better one is out there,I'm always on the hunt.Any suggestions?

ZoneAlarm is actually very efficient, especially considering that it's free. But Norton Personal Firewall, which is not free, maybe something you'd like to look into.

-Dan The Man

I use 2 router firewalls, 2 software firewalls and XP's default firewall. Zonealrarm is exceptional for it being free but Norton Internet security has a very good firewall but also comes with Norton Anti-virus.

The only problem with a hardware firewall is that it can not be as easily updated as a software one. SO go with one of each at least. I use ZApro.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
The only problem with a hardware firewall is that it can not be as easily updated as a software one. SO go with one of each at least. I use ZApro.

Most hardware firewalls are very secure and dont need to always be updated. You can still attack a software firewall pretty easily.

And for the guy with two hardware firewalls, isnt it annoying too run 2, how do you get thru both NAT's?

Im behind my Cisco router right now so im feeling pretty secure :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom