windows me

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
I cannot get MS Word to open anything in ME. I reinstalled office 2000. Everytime I try to open anything in word, the computer locks up. If I let it set there for a few minutes, I get a message saying it is low on resources even if I just started it up.
Any suggestions??????????????

upgrade either to win2k or go backto 98se, ME is a very bad OS in my opinion.

It is the only OS that i had to work on that had any serious problems.

Yes, ME is one is the worst OSs that I have ever dealt with, BUT even so, my roommate uses it and has no problems using Word and other applications. Have you tried installing the latest service packs for Word 2000?

-Michael

I use this version of word on 3 different computers and this is the only one that has a problem. The other 2 have XP and 98 on them. It used to work. Just don't know what happened to it. A reinstall of word does not change anything.

Yea, the problem most certainly sounds OS driven. I just wanted to point out that ME does "work" for some people so, in theory, it work work given a similar environment.
Is upgrading to 2000 or XP an option.
Actually, I take that back, as you should never upgrade from one Microsoft OS to another Microsoft OS.
Is installing a fresh copy of 2000 or XP an option?

-Michael

I can upgrade to XP. But, will they let me activate it on another computer. So far, I have not been able to get a clear answer on this. Sent an email to MS several weeks ago. They have not given me an answer yet. I have XP on my main computer. The one with ME was given to me by a friend. It is not very old and is a Dell.

Yea, kboy's right...
If you activate your copy of XP then you won't be able to re-activate on another machine. You have to keep MS to reset your activation if you ever want to install it on another PC.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom