Corsair Ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
On the post i put up a while back i put up the new parts im gonna be adding, and the ram was something i wanted to replace. Im gonna put 2Gb of Corsair Ram in my computer but i have a question about it.

What makes Corsair better then just normal ram? will it make that big of a difference in benchmarking ,performance and so forth?

Im gonna get 4X512 DDR 3200

what kind of corsair ram are you getting?

oh btw, getting 4x512 is retarded, get 2x512 instead (and btw corsair value select is crap, but it'll work if you're not overclocking)

If you are getting the value stuff it's not really better, but it is reliable.
If you are getting the low latency stuff with heat spreaders well it's better because it has better cooling and lower latency (meaning faster)
it is also more overclockable than normal RAM is.

and I benched my RAM on sandra and it owned nubius, but that's the only thing I've compared it to so I don't know.
but maybe it does bench pretty well, mine seems fast anywho.

Corsair value select isnt crap, it's very cheap and had some decent timings

More expensive ram allows for more overclocking, and a roughly 2% speed boost

well D2 is kinda right, i only really need 1Gb, and was only plannin on it but 2Gb..i just want it and i got money to spend :p. heh, i basically wanna build a beast of a computer in my "phase 2". =D

If you don't intend on overclocking, Corsair is fine.

Stay away from it otherwise though, they're a very overrated company and there's much better choices out there.

yea, 2g is quite a bit. I have 512 ddr 333 corsair ll RAM
and i can play any game flawlessly at high settings
Any game i have tryed.

That includes HL2 CS:S Doom3 Bf 1942/vietam farcry

They all run well on high settings.

gaara said:
If you don't intend on overclocking, Corsair is fine.

Stay away from it otherwise though, they're a very overrated company and there's much better choices out there.
whoa...
Corsair isn't bad for overclocking, it overclocks ok for me. You have to pay a lot of money for RAM that will overclock 100mhz and still keep it's 2-2-2-5 timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom