newbie at building a pc...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one from them, they charge a lot, man from them this system would cost over 2 grand me thinks.

My system is better because the 3000+ overclocks easy. And the vid card is very important, the 6600 gt is no where near the x850 xt. Of course a compromise would be an x800 xl and a 3200+. But honestly for most anyone a 3000+ or a 3200+ is plenty of enough processor. Maybe I should cut out one hard drive from that list and stick it up to a 3200+, I think that would be fair.
I really don't think he needs a 3500+ or 4000+ though.

if the cpu is good and the video card is good i dont care.
im not gonna get something that doesnt work well because it seems unproportional

Well if you can budget it then I would shoot for the 3200+ instead of the 3000+. But after that point the price jump to the 3500+ doesn't really warrant the huge jump in cost. That's what most people will tell you. A lot of people suggest the 3200+ as it doesn't cost much but is super fast and will also overclock well if need be.
I don't think you need to spend the money on a 3500+ or higher processor, not necessary.

I have a system with a 3000+ and an x800 xl and it runs great. Scored 4786 on 3dmark05.

fair enough make it a 3200 and depending on the case dfi may not be the best have you seen abit's an8 mobo same price but a little better just doesnt look as cool but if he gets the blade case the window is too small to see anything

alright so ill get an athlon 3200+ is there a specific one to aim for?
like the clawhammer?
and should i stay away from 754 sockets?

*****in.
and also, the only socket compadibilty stuff i should make sure of is the mobo and the cpu right?

1.) he's new to computers, so i don't think he should go raid, just get one hard drive; that'll be enough for him
2.) who cares, abit, dfi, gigabyte; it's all pretty much the same if you're not a hardcore overclocker

we're not hypocrits

3200+ can easily be bumped up to 4000+speeds with good ram

lol
i need alot of hard drive space though
i have an 80 gb right now and i hate it.
i feel too tied down, i need atleast a 120gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom