cant format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitze105

Daemon Poster
hey..
i was trying to formatt my c drive. But when i tried it said formatting is not supported. i dont have a virus... and i don tthink my drivee is partitioned. odd thing is... under removable storage i have an extra drive. its G idk why. I right clicked and hit eject nothing happened.. i dont think its a partition kus it says it holds 0kb.. so i have no idea why i cant formatt. thanx for anyhelp..

how are you formatting, via the O/S cd or through the windows user interface ?

If you are trying to format your primary drive through windows it will not allow this as the disk is currently being used.

You will either need to get ahold of an O/S disk, boot from it and format that way, or set the HDD you wish to format as a slave drive and format through windows that way.

i am using a win98 floppy to format.. im thinking bout using powermax... give it a try..

btw i like ur signiture... wish some ppl knew that lol

You will need to use fdisk to remove the partition and create a new partition and then format.

fdisk.. ive heard but i cant think of wht it is sorry...
and i dont think i can make partitions it wont let me when i tried...

It is on the 98 start up floppy. Just put int he boot disk and when you get to the prompt type fdisk and follow the menus. You will want to delete any partitions and create a primary dos partiton. Also make sure that you enable large disk support.

thats where i heard it... lol thanx and ill try that lil bit lata thanx
ill post the results if it doesn't work.. if not ill post em prolly late tonight if they do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom