Hardware Expert Needed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gum

Baseband Member
Can you please tell me whether or not this video card will work with my system? The only part I don't know about is AGP. Everything else meets the requirements:

My manufacturer has this listed under my system "Video Card' section:

AGP 2.0 video card (4X or 2X; see manufacturer's specifications for information about the card and any utilities and drivers included).

The card I want to buy requires:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4/III/II/Celeron, AMD K6/Duron/Athlon/Athlon XP or compatible with AGP 2X (3.3V), 4X (1.5V), 8X (0.8v) or Universal AGP 3.0 bus configuration (2X/4X/8X).
Memory: 128MB or 256 MB

Will it work? Thanks.

Thank you so much!

I have a 864MHZ PIII processor and 384MB RAM. But as I said in my other thread:

I know that my computer is not top-of-the-notch and I know that there are computers out there that are about 5x as powerful, but just working with what I have right now....

The card I'm going to buy is in this thread.

Well wait though... Newegg.com says this:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4/III/II/Celeron, AMD K6/Duron/Athlon/Athlon XP or compatible with AGP 2X (3.3V), 4X (1.5V), 8X (0.8v) or Universal AGP 3.0 bus configuration (2X/4X/8X).
Memory: 128MB or 256 MB

But I just checked the card manufacturer's website which says this:

One available AGP 3.0 compliant slot or better

See here

As you saw, my computer's specs say this:

AGP 2.0 video card (4X or 2X; see manufacturer's specifications for information about the card and any utilities and drivers included).

Does this mean I can't use it!?!? I just ordered it so I need a fast answer! Thanks!!!

More info on my computer here:

Bus types PCI (version 2.2) and AGP (version 2.0)
Bus speed AGP: 66 MHz
PCI: 33 MHz
AGP card connectors one universal connector that supports AGP 4X cards
AGP card connector size 132 pins
AGP card connector data width (maximum) 32 bits
PCI card connectors five
PCI card connector size 124 pins
PCI card connector data width (maximum) 32 bits

Are you getting that TNT2 , then yes it will work, in case you didnt catch that YES it will work, I used to have one.

McKlaxxhammer said:
Your AGP controller needs to support AGP 3.0 (8x/4x).

So it will not work? I really need to know. $50 is not fun to throw around. Thanks.

This is sort of an emergency. Please, someone help me confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom