motherboard not detecting new ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta member
i have a MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU KT333 Motherboard.. and when i tryed to put in 512mb ddr 266 ram (184 pin) it would not decet it all i got was a beeping sound when it started up.. when i put in the 128 and the 512 it starts up but only the 128 is detected.. what i want to to know is how can i get it to detect the 512 sticks that i have?? or is the 512 to big for it.. should i go with 3 sticks of 256?

any help would be apprecated

personally, i'd like to ask you which OS you're using, because i had a similar problem with winME, wouldn't detect anything over 512 actually... also, check to see if your board is 266 compliant, i'm not going to search online to findout for you, you have the manual handy.. right? anyways, lemme know about your OS and i'll continue from there =) also gimme the specs on your pc

sorry i should have posted the specs befor.

kt3 ultra motherboard
amd 1.8 cpu
128 ram 266 (184 pin) x3
nvidia g-force 64 mb vid card (pci)
westren digital 20gig hd x2 (raid)
windows xp pro sp1

if you need more let me know. i'm kinda dumb when it comes to puters.

the ram is pc 2100 512mb, ddr, 266 ,CL=2.5, ecc , reg

there is no name of a maker on it just an M with a circle around it kinda like the rings of satarn... and i will try all 3 sticks in all 3 diffrent slots and let you know

i tryed putting each of the 3 sticks in in all 3 slots and nothing the maker of the ram is the same as whats in there right now.

ok kboy i went to that sight and messed with my bios cnanged the settings and tryed it and nothing.. al thought i could have done it wrong.....

as for the ram being faulty they guy i got it from pulled it out of his puter and it worked fine then. i think my puter hates me.. and i may just have to live with it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom