ATi overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OK it is weird I just became an ATI fanboy overnight and the best part about it is that I don't know a single thing about them. Lol so what is the best card out for them and what are the best manufacturers also do they got any deals like the step up program?

well, i think for agp8x platform, radeon 9800 is the highest while on pci express platform the latest card is X850

the x850 xt pe is the best one out now and it is on agp and pci express.

(I didn't know that they put it on agp until I looked to see if any new ones had came out.)

didi said:
well, i think for agp8x platform, radeon 9800 is the highest while on pci express platform the latest card is X850
lmao? The highest on AGP is not the 9800, try the x800 xt pe like in my sig, the x850 xt pe perhaps?

Glad to see an ATI fan, I'm actually ok with the in-betweens lik nubius, but the outright ATI haters like beedubya need a reality check.

Top 5 cards in order:
X850 XT PE PCI-E
X850 XT PE AGP
X850 XT PCI-E
X800 XT PE AGP
X800 XT AGP

the best manufacturer is probably HIS, but those cards are very hard to find and usually out ot stock on newegg, they come with really nice arctic coolers on them

other notables include sapphire, powercolor, MSI, gigabyte, ASUS (expensive)

all of those companies actually do their own thing with the card, but if you are looking for the lower prices then the manufacturers are going to be like Connect3D, rosewill, etc. and they will be exactly the reference design, so you know you are getting just that.

As for the step up program, I believe it is they give you $50 for your old card.

the best manufacturer is probably HIS

Hmmm. That is interesting, I was kind of wondering how good they were, because I have been seeing quite a few locally.

Your making a mistake changing to ATI. They are all so overpriced, and they are also way behind in their architecture technology. Nvidia just has the better technology, and can't be matched in price, performance, and value. Stick with Nvidia man, and keep in mind this is comming from somebody who owns a very expensive ATI card. After my ATI experiences, I will have to say i am 95% sure I will never buy another ATI product again.

beedubaya said:
Your making a mistake changing to ATI. They are all so overpriced, and they are also way behind in their architecture technology. Nvidia just has the better technology, and can't be matched in price, performance, and value. Stick with Nvidia man, and keep in mind this is comming from somebody who owns a very expensive ATI card. After my ATI experiences, I will have to say i am 95% sure I will never buy another ATI product again.

for me its the complete opposite

i had nvidia cards since tnt2 was a new card. I must say im much happier with my ati 9600xt then i would with any nvidia card.

Ive never herd any valid arguments against Ati either.

So lets see some proof B dubya

I currently run nVidia cards, however before I built my current PC I was using a Radeon 8500 (ancient, I know) and it was more than enough at the time. There's nothing wrong with ATI, their mid-range cards are a little more pricy than the comparable nVidia cards, however beyond that there's almost no difference.

The only firm reason that I bought nVidia this time was because of SLi. Why SLi? Because it's a cost-effective way to bench higher, and I'm a gadget freak and need to try new things, haha.

Either way, after using ATI for 3 years, I have nothing bad to say about them. Also, the X850 PE beats out any solitary card nVidia has come up with currently, so if you only have AGP or only one PCI-E slot, the X850 is the card for you.

I've got a 9700 in my current pc and it's never really let me down. Ati seems pretty good to me. I recently made the switch to Nvidia, but that was because of SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom