New Project: Change a OLD ATX case into a new ATX case

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I had a old ATX case and my current ATX case is really a peice of c***
So, I decided to put my new computer into the old ATX case but... big problem, how will I screw my motherboard?! There is no peice of metal with all the things that you screw your motherboard in it! I took my new ATX case (the peice of c***) and I took that peice of metal. Another problem! It is too long. So, I cutted it. And, I did some holes to hold the peice of metal. Not bad eh?

Here is the pictures:

The victim:
showimg.jpg

The cut that I will do on the side:
showimg.jpg

The other side of the computer (the blue sticker is a sticker of the Departement of Education of New Brunswick)
showimg.jpg

The back:
showimg.jpg

My old computer case LOL!:
showimg.jpg

The inside of the computer, as you can see, there is no peice of metal to hold the motherboard.
showimg.jpg

The front without plastic:
showimg.jpg

The inside of the computer, I added the peice of metal to hold the motherboard.
showimg.jpg

The other side.
showimg.jpg

I still need to paint it, I'm waiting for my cut-off wheels to cut my window on the side (as you can see on the pic), and, I'm waiting for my drive bay plastic cover.

Any comment would be apreciated...

xteam02001 said:
so you destroyed a new case to fix up an old one?

No! Do you see the pic of my old case? It was like that it was my computer case before...

GrimReaper23 said:
yea man you must like modding what are you using to cut the metal a dremmal or a jigsaw or what else?

I'm using a pair of cutting grip or metal :p (Don't worry I will use the Dremel for the side of the case)

Here is some new pic

The back of it with my computer:
showimg.jpg

My computer in it:
showimg.jpg

Front (I know it is missing some drive bays cover)
showimg.jpg

One of my case fan (doesn't do much air flow but it does do some)
showimg.jpg

Front case fan (do A LOT of air flow it's crazy how it does a lot of air flow...)
showimg.jpg

Hope you like what I did :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom