Need Digi-Cam Suggestions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HIGHLY recommend the 5.0MP Kodak EasyShare DX4530. We have not one, but TWO of those in our house. They are wonderful!! Picture quality is amazing, and I honestly don't think the operation could be any easier. They are a bit pricey however- I don't really remember, but I think we paid $200-$300 each.

(I hope it's ok to put an eBay link? It's the only one i could find real quick)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7501406771&category=30019

Nubes you're doing 2 things that will hurt you when choosing a digital camera. your price range is too low and it seems like you are only looking in newegg. you should goto a local electronics store and check out their stock. a better thing to do is goto http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/stats.asp and look at their image samples gallery. you can view actual pictures taken with each digital camera.

circuit city has the HP Photosmart M407 , m607, m707 series on sale at around $200. they take very saturated pictures that you would expect from a high quality 35mm camera. check out the image samples gallery here:

http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/?gallery=hpr707_samples/

for taking pictures of cars canon is probably better suited. the colors are more natural and the lens are good quality. you can buy the canon powershot A85 for about $200 online. there is also the older model A75 if you need something cheaper. here is a sample taken from a powershot A85 I used to own:

IMG_0011.jpg

ebayfreak said:
I HIGHLY recommend the 5.0MP Kodak EasyShare DX4530. We have not one, but TWO of those in our house. They are wonderful!! Picture quality is amazing, and I honestly don't think the operation could be any easier.

I tested a DX4530 for a short while. the pictures are good, but the jpeg compression the camera uses on the jpeg's is terrible. their are a lot of jpeg artifacts on them, but for small prints this isn't a problem. here's sample from the DX4530 I tested:

000_0004.jpg

actually ebayfreak the A85 is far superior to the DX4530 in lens quality. using the macro mode on the DX4530 was lackluster compared to the A85

Ek, I was just giving an example, that wasn't a set in stone purchase decision or anything. Also, like I said I have no knowledge when it comes to digital cameras so I was open for any suggestions as far as camera types and place of purchase.

EbayFreak - $200 will be a bit too much, thanks for the info though.

Also, Ek the thing is, he can't spend a fortune on a camera =/ Although it will be considered a business expense, I think $200 would be pushing it by quite a bit.
That Power Shot A400 is on that site you linked, but no image previews =/

So basically I told him "I know they got digital camera for around $80 or so" and after looking into that i went back and said "well it looks like you need to spend like $140 on this" and no basically lol everyones saying I need to go back and tell him to go to $200, this just wont be possible and will probably kill hopes of getting one at all.

I've e-mailed my brother who knows more than I, and he prefers canon products, but I know he probably spent a minimum on his.

BAH! I'm at a loss for what to do

Ek - how good of close up shots can you get with that camera.

i'm not meaning to be rude to you, but personally i see no visual difference between the picture of the video card that you took and the ones that I am able to take with mine. How many MP is yours?

Nubius said:
Ek - how good of close up shots can you get with that camera.

I have to admit on mine, its a little bit difficult to get a good-quality close-up. If you dont hold it perfectly still while taking the picture, it comes out very blurry. However, if you stabilize the camera (on a table or tripod), the close-ups come out VERY nice.

dont know about you guys but i like my little vivitar vivicam 3750, use's SD cards for memory, and can record 30 min of video with out sound on a 512mb card, and it is very small and compact... gotta love having that cam around when girls act like dumb idiots on the bus, but anyways, great cam. and i only paid $80 for it at wally world :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom