open a power supply??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
open a power supply??/

i wanted 2 open a power supply its been in a box for like 3 months is it still dangerous?????

i wanted 2 open a power supply its been in a box for like 3 months is it still dangerous?????

Do not crosspost. your threads have been merged

well what do u want to open it for, i dont think that it would be to dangerous ive opened up a few just to change the fan and get all the dust crap out you should be fine

shouldnt be and the worst shock youll get wont hurt. I opened up one that was plugged in (i know im an idiot) and i accidentaly touched a capacitator and it gave me a mild shock. should be prett safe.

as long as the power supply isn't plugged or you let it discharge for 5 mins after you unplugged it than you should be fine. I've seen a guy get electrocuted by a power supply that was plugged in before. he said it was extruciatingly painful.

aspire.comptech said:
shouldnt be and the worst shock youll get wont hurt. I opened up one that was plugged in (i know im an idiot) and i accidentaly touched a capacitator and it gave me a mild shock. should be prett safe.

ha. That's weird tho, cuz i've heard that the shocks from them could be deadly!! Wow.. I'm about to put one on ebay- would it be unsafe to ship?? It's been unplugged completely for at least a week or two.

Hooking a fan up to it would drain it of all it's power. You wouldn't see the fan move of course, but it'd still drain the tiny bit in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom