not a bad overclock ehh, lol im canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.
uzi9mm said:
Watch the video from tom's hardware about the LGA775 HSF's, in the video it says the intel stock HSF is the best air cooling you can get.

Also you would NOT know what I am talking about a different socket, since I have the LGA775 and you have a socket 478 setup.

The video specifically says for the lga775 package only, that the stock intel is the best HSF.
My intel processor is an LGA775. I'm pretty sure that is the only Intel with HT and mine is a 3.4 HT.

Well I have done some research and the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
only supports socket 478. But if you are soooo confident that you have a lga775 show me a CPU-Z screenshot showing that you have a land grid array.

And for the record HT is utilized in socket 478 and lga775 cpu's.

"My intel processor is an LGA775. I'm pretty sure that is the only Intel with HT and mine is a 3.4 HT."

WRONG!!!!!!!

pwned... that was like a headshot in unreal tournament only less gory

my mobo supports ht and its 478 so therefore 478 must support hyperthreading. also stock heatsinks are NEVER as good as what you can buy. and never trust tom's hardware its not accurate. How about you go out and buy any heatsink ranging in cost from 35-55 dollars and test it out youll see how wrong you were

Well the cooler came with the processor, and the processor is lga775, so if lga775 and 478 are only different based on the mobo's then I should have the cooler you are talking about right? Or are there also socket 478 processors? Because I only see lga775.

LGA775 Cpus have no pins on the cpu but rather on the motherboard. Also they are larger then socket 478.

Socket 478 is smaller with pins on the cpu and the socket on the motherboard.

Your motherboard supports socket 478 cpu's only. That is why you dont have lga775

mmmmm, war of the intellers...I love it :D

All greek to me, but I searched for that ASUS board in your sig dale and I never found an LGA775 compatible one, but I'm not even getting in this, because I know nothing of Intel what-so-ever

EDIT: The only 3.4GHz HT P4 processor I found that is LGA775 is the EE edition, all else says socket 478

No, this is my processor right here. It's not an EE edition or anything. Just a regular ol' 3.4ghz ht. Not 64 bit either.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-116-182&depa=1

And I am not an inteller, I am an intel/AMDer
If I was an inteller I wouldn't have built an AMD system

I know I come off like an Intel/ATI fanboy (check my avatar space in fact :p ), but I'm actually not opposed to NVIDIA or AMD. Hence why I bought my first ever AMD product.
I would also purchase a nvidia card if they didn't suck ass at Direct3d, which happen to be the games I play. Although I have to admit I was so VERY VERY close to buying a 6600 gt, but as soon as I was going to settle for it the x800 xl came out, and saved the day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom