Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Everyone Post Plz

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nubius
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Oh and nubius I don't know if that Everest test is completely different or what but I decided to bench my RAM with sisoft. I ram the "Memory Bandwidth Benchmark" on Sisoft Sandra 2005 and my scores were:
Int: 5006MB/s
Float: 5007MB/s

Why are they so much higher than yours? (honest question, not bragging, seriously )
I'm going to assume different memory controllers, but since I know nothing of Intel I couldn't possibly tell you. It's like an AMD64....even if I had my RAM at say DDR500 speeds, an AMD64 with stock PC3200 would show 5000+mb/sec in sandra because of their memory controller while mine would show about 3700mb/sec, probably the same reason or more specifically the hyperthreading for an Intel, but beyond that I really don't know.

My main point was for you to run two tests, on using 2 for the ras to cas and ras precharge, then using 3 for ras to cas and ras precharge to see what kind of diff you get in speed, not to compare mine against yours

Notice my $90 XP-Mobile chip scores higher than your 3.4GHz intel in the arithmatic and outscores it on the Integer portion of the multimedia though

I'd need an AMD64 to show results for the iSSE2 part though

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.