getting a new dell pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibuypowers are really cheap, but their build quality is eh and i'm pretty sure they don't even test their computers (my friend just got one and it kept restarting and he took it back [good thing we live about like 20 minutes away from ibuypower] and got a replacement)

macdawg said:
If you guys think Dell is overpriced, go take a look at a Gateway. I sell Gateways and Dell beats our prices 99% of the time, sometimes by over a couple hundred bucks, then I have to charge $99 to ship it, I'll be the first to admit it is ridiculous.

Even with my Gateway discount Dell was almost cheaper.

I was impressed with the www.ibuypower.com website and next time I want to buy a system I will go there because I think I'd mess something up trying to build my own.

Sometimes dell has the free flat panel monitors though, I don't see how anyone can keep up with them on price when they run those promo's.
Also the dells come with the OS, I hate having to pay extra for that. I know a lot of people who build there own have bootleg copies of that though.

I do think Gateway makes a pretty good computer and know some of you will think I'm crazy for saying that.

I got 20% off and free shipping and spent 1210 counting tax for this.

17" LCD, Audigy 2 ZS, 400 RMS watt surround sound, P4 3.0, 1 gig PC3200, 160 gig HD, DVD rom, DVD RW, Radeon X300. Plays far cry on medium settings perfectly, plus it's got gangster sound which was most important to me.

Dell's XP CD key only allows 2 reinstalls, so guess what, you have to crack your LEGAL copy of XP or buy a new one.

diabloII said:
ibuypowers are really cheap, but their build quality is eh and i'm pretty sure they don't even test their computers (my friend just got one and it kept restarting and he took it back [good thing we live about like 20 minutes away from ibuypower] and got a replacement)

My brother and one of my friends both bought one there (one who got a $4,000 machine, which included a huge flat panel), and they take a whole 3-4 days doing extensive testing and burn-in. Maybe they didnt do it for him or he didnt ask for it. There are times when hardware dies... or can have semi-dormant problems. Plus, a company shouldn't be based off of one single event.
If I didn't build my own computers, I would definately buy from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom