cpu shutoff at low temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
ok i have a pretty frusterating problem with my CPU...its an AMD 2700+. I cannot get a descent clock speed out of it becuase it shuts off if i have the FSB set up higher..the FSB is 333 and the highest i can get it is around 110-120 in the bios. if i set it at 166 like it is supposed to be it shuts offs 5 seconds after i startup.i dont think it is the CPU fan becuase its shutting off around 50 C..Also there isnt a way to change the CPU temperature shutoff in the bios...Can any1 help me get the full performance out of my CPU?

it's your motherboard's problem, not your cpu's

i don't think anyone has ever HEARD of pc chips (well we've probably seen it on newegg, that's about it)

try calling the customer support?

any1 want to suggest another motherboard...its not the greatest system so i dont wanna go over like 90 bucks...i just wanna get by with it..all i play is WOW on it.

i have a socket a too, im looking for a upgrade dude some mobo that are $50 bucks are good too. its all up too what you what and using. we both have the samethings almost. so just look for one or tell what your going to use it for i will show you one if you like maybe it mit be good .

umm i want at least 3 dimm slots, and an 8x agp slot...thats pretty much all i need..i want to do a lil bit of overclocking but nothing extreme.i plan on gaming ...minor gaming until i get a new vid card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom