Why should someone go with a 939 over a 754?

Status
Not open for further replies.
939 has support for faster processors, dual channel support, will be upgradeable for longer. Some 939 chipsets have support for PCI-E and SLI.

What does future proof mean?
1 year?
3 ?
more?

I bought Sempron 2600+ 6 months ago and im going to use it atleast for a few years more, propably the only things I can put to my next computer are the hard drives and the sound card, maybe my 512mb 400mhz memory if Im lucky

;)

i think its difficult to compare hardware thats "future proof". In the end, all hardware will be outdated but you can work out how "future proof" something is by these few factors:

When it was released - Socket 939 is fairly recent so it will last a fairly long time.

If It was popular - 939 will last longer than 754 mainly because of lack of popularity.

etc.

How much longer do you think the 754 will be in existance? I need to build some for a school (my labor free) to save them money. They don't want something that will be unable to get parts for in the coming couple of years. No overclocking! Needs to be a good board though as it is used all day almost everyday in a tech lab. They have simulators being used and such. The head tech person said they don't want sempron. So, is the 754 still being phased out and how long will it take??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom