New OverClocking Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
Some of you know that i was having problems exceeding 2.6ghz. From then i changed my RAM timings, and locked my AGP. Nubius, member we thought somehow i had to unlock my RAM, so i can OC it. Well my mobo does is automatically, it follows my HTT lol. I OC then checked out CPU-Z, i was like hell yeah lol. I was up for hours last night OC.

Now the limit i got to last night was 2.8ghz. Holy crap my system was running hot. I keep my system at 2.56ghz default, and rite now im at freaking 45 degrees celcius! Thats insane for me. Its getting so warm over here, its really pissing me off. Note, i could not keep my system 100% stable at 2.8ghz. I ran a Sandra CPU Arithmetic Benchmark, then a Multi Media Benchmark. Both of those really stress your computer.While still being at 2.8ghz, i went online for a few mintes, then started to open random programs and such. But once i Open Desert Combat, my system was lagging BAD. My mouse was jumping all over, i was just in the main menu too. But for applications at 2.8ghz, i would say from my personal experience, i was 80% stable. I raised my Vcore after that, to 1.72 volts. My DDRV was maxed at 2.80, since it jumps from 2.70-2.80. My HTT is also maxed at 1.35volts. Member, i have my AGP fixed at 66mhz. Once that graphical crap hit my system at 2.8ghz, it turned sour. But my system is completely stable at 2.78ghz. I was playing Desert Combat at 2.78ghz, i was loading maps in seconds lol. Besides the fact my Raptor and raid0 does basically all the loading work, my cpu was owning. It was like 6 seconds a map! At 2.78ghz last night, my system hit 64 degrees celcius!!! I was like WTF man! My friends asking me what im doing, im like shutting this sh!t down. He starts laughing since im so temp paraniod, but he dont understand.

Heres at 2.72ghz i think.
AMD40002.bmp

Heres a benchmark at 2.7ghz.
BECHMARKSAT2.jpg

Heres my system at 2.8ghz.
AMD40002.jpg

Cool deal. I knew your RAM didn't have to be 'unlocked' I was just trying to find some option in which you could either manually set the speed or the ratio. Nice OC, but yeah 64C is WAY too hot lol.

Weird it's showing your RAM ratio at CPU/12 even though it's 1:1

I figured out on CPU Z with an AMD 64 it won't show your ratio as 1:1 even if that is what your ratio is. It will show whatever your multiplier is. So for my 3000+ it shows CPU/9 because I have 200mhz X 9 multiplier = 1800mhz

The 4000 comes stock at 2.4ghz GrimReaper23. I run my system at 2.56ghz stock. Im not sure why, but at stock speeds, my system runs alot hotter then it use too. Last night it was pretty chilly outside, i had my window open and my cooling system at its limit. My CPU was at around 40 degrees celcius.... It used to be at around 16 degrees celcius before. I honestly think after 3 hours of OC and testing my system. I might of screwed something up. Everything runs as cool as it should, besides my cpu.

At 2.66ghz, im at around 58 degrees celcius when playing games. Or just really stressing my system. Before at 2.66ghz, i would be around 42 degrees celcius. My system is running REALLY hot for some odd reason.

I just took the grill off of my tornado today, im going to order another. Then have dual stacked tornado's as my cpu fan. I still dont understand why my system was not stable at 2.8ghz. I have not tryed to stablize it yet. I'll probably do it sometime this week or next weekend. Im happy my system is stable at 2.77ghz. Just when i play games at that speed, my temps grow alot. So im running 2.77ghz at everything else.

Nice, good to know you were able to loosen the timings and increase the speed again.

You could probably reach 3GHz with some better cooling, but it's probably fast enough as it is. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom