getting a new dell pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i have to be a bandwagon hopper when i say dont get dell! well not the Desktops that is, the Laptops are OK! nothing special though, my girlfriend has a desktop and a laptop dell (i know i know) and the desktop is complete CRAP! i hate dell myself but it came with the package (haha). So yea.

P.s. NOOOO DELLLLL!!

but the setup i listed will play every game out right now at medium to high settings no problem and both the cpu and the gpu can be overclocked quite a bit so thats what i think you should get.

the specs sound good but its dell manufactured parts...therefore ur dell 1 gig or RAM isnt as good as 1 gig of corsair, geil, etc...same thing applies with the other dell components..just cuz the numbers look good doesnt mean the parts are good....im telling u...if u know how to build ur own.. or know someone that can do it u wont regret it

aspire.comptech, your setup forgot a monitor which the guy will probably need if hes looking at Dell. Add about $150 to that price (unless you want LCD, then add $200 minimum)

If you guys think Dell is overpriced, go take a look at a Gateway. I sell Gateways and Dell beats our prices 99% of the time, sometimes by over a couple hundred bucks, then I have to charge $99 to ship it, I'll be the first to admit it is ridiculous.

Even with my Gateway discount Dell was almost cheaper.

I was impressed with the www.ibuypower.com website and next time I want to buy a system I will go there because I think I'd mess something up trying to build my own.

Sometimes dell has the free flat panel monitors though, I don't see how anyone can keep up with them on price when they run those promo's.
Also the dells come with the OS, I hate having to pay extra for that. I know a lot of people who build there own have bootleg copies of that though.

I do think Gateway makes a pretty good computer and know some of you will think I'm crazy for saying that.

I got 20% off and free shipping and spent 1210 counting tax for this.

17" LCD, Audigy 2 ZS, 400 RMS watt surround sound, P4 3.0, 1 gig PC3200, 160 gig HD, DVD rom, DVD RW, Radeon X300. Plays far cry on medium settings perfectly, plus it's got gangster sound which was most important to me.

Alienware may be over-priced, but you get the best components and excellent customer service.

Unlike Dell, Alienware use parts you can buy off the shelves so their PC's are always upgradable, and most even come pre-OverClocked.

Gateway are rubbish, an old friend had one, never worked from the word go and their customer support was awfull.

Most computer stores give you the option to create your own builds, you tell them what you want and they will build it, it may cost more than doing it yourself, but if your not confident enough to build it, its a good idea.

Dell is good at 1 thing;Its not building computers,Its marketing.Find someone who will build the system to suite you needs.You will get more bang for your buck

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA!!!!!

DELL MAKE ME LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, don't get it. Dell has no power!!! LMAO!!!!! Man that's a nice joke lol. Im getting a DELL!! lol!!!!! Man i hope I don't get banned for this. LOL! A DELL!! hahahahaahhaahahahahaha.

Bottom Line: WTF are you thinking? Don't get a DELL[i keep laughing when I say that lol, can't stop laughing, ROFL!!!!] Get a custom built, build your own, what ever you do, don't buy a DELL!! LMAO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom