Gimp 2.4 for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostman

Daemon Poster
So I'm trying to get Gimp running on my work PC (running Win2k). I can't install anything that would cost the company money, and Gimp is free.

So after I install the GTK envirement, I install Gimp. When I try to start it (by clicking the desktop icon) I get an error messege "gimp.exe - Unable to locate DLL"
Then it says "The dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll could not be found in the specified path" and gives all these paths. So I took the DLL and copied it to all the paths. That didn't do anything.

Has anybody gotten this to run? I'm kind of screwed because the firewall blocks off the Gimp site so I can't go there for answers.

Any help would be appreciated.

running win 2k,...

look for a permissions error maybe...

local permissions could be the problem ,, that and the firewall,,(heh heh),,

cheers,

This is an error that I found on the GIMP site,, hope it helps..

cheers....

I'm getting the error The procedure entry point crc32 could not be located in the dynamic link library zlib.dll when I try to run The Gimp, what should I do?
There's an incompatible version of zlib.dll installed somewhere on your system (most likely in your WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory). Find it, and rename it to something else (do not delete it, in case there's a program which depends on it).

that is their response,,

Is this prog any good??

Thanks guys. I'll have to try that.

Gimp is a linux photoshop (that is also ported to windows). It's free (GNU license) so I can put it on my system here at work for some of the side graphics I'm trying to do.

you know what i think lostman, it's the other way around. photoshop is a rip off of gimp, it must be because it runs and looks exactly like photoshop and i think gimp was created before photoshop, much earlier maybe. i should do some research on that theory, but i'm too lazy:rolleyes:

yeah, I don't know which came first. All I know is that for free, Gimp does a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom