Power setting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
This is not a big problem but it is a problem more or less. My power saver in the screen saver section is not working properly. I like for monitor to shut down after about 20 minutes or so but recently it stopped shutting down. If I go and check it and put it to 1minute and sit there and wait it shuts down but when I have it set to 20 minutes I will come back hours later the screen is still on. What could be causing this? Is there any easy fix?

Maybe you have something running that makes your computer think it's not idle. Maybe spyware or a virus.

Spyware! I have spybot, adaware personal se, spywareblaster and the pc world #1 rated counterspy. As for viruses I run AVG as my active virus protection. I shut it down and run pcillin, norton and panda every so often. Just did a check. Clean as a whistle. I said when I set it to 1 minute to watch it, it will shut down like it should.

I have a similar problem, sometimes the screensaver will remain on. The main thing I have thought of is my optical mouse. Perhaps the sensor might be mildly defective, or perhaps extremely sensitive to vibrations, ect around the house. One thing you could try is to turn off all start-up items and see if it will power down the monitor.

I have tried it for the 1 or 2 minute setting and it works fine. It's when I leave and come back hours later that it just doesn't seem to function.

When you come back hours later, is the monitor turned off as it is supposed to be? Does it not turn off again after you wake it up?

It works for everything under 20 minutes as I have experimented. At 20 minutes or more it does not turn off. Yes, it comes right on after I move the mouse around a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom