opinions plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
So after i bought my card and installed it and got all happy about it, i started to read some of the threads by people who had just bought a new vid card as well. I was wondering, would i get a better performance out of it if i reinstalled my windows and updated to the latest Nvidia drivers off the SITE?

Re:

Hello,

No no...there no need :D. Simply uninstall the graphics drivers with your old card in (or onboard graphics activated), remove the old, hook up your new graphics card, then install the new graphics drivers. Make sure you don't install over old graphics card drivers. Formatting your PC is not necessary.

It's best to download the newest unified drivers off the Nvidia website, and install them. That way you're graphics card can stay on top up any important updates and new features. Check for updates regularly.

MUHAHA!!

i updated the latest Forceware and my 3dMark03 went from , whatever it says in my sig to 7936. hehe, i like i like.

is the forceware the driver? or is there something else i should install?

forceware is the drivers for the graphics card. directx 9.0c is the only other thing that you need, but you should already have it from before.

btw your sig is oversized.

Reinstalling windows is a good thing to do when installing any major new hardware like graphics cards :)

are you serious? oversized? O NO THE HEIGHT BY 80! its squished if i shrink the height anymore then i did! ide make another one but sorry if i have more important things to do. its not like it makes the threads any bigger, and for people who have slow internet ITS ONLY 25K!
Atleast i fixed it alot from before and if i have to make a whole new sig over something as dumb as 80 height im outta here.

wow, there was no need to be like that, I was just informing you that it is oversized.

It is 80 pixels too big btw. *goes and hides*

haha, alright...

dale, do you really think i should download the "beta" though? why? :p

Beta drivers are just snazy. But I like beta everything. It's new, it's cutting edge, it's risky. :p
Try out the beta drivers and see if you improve any further on your score. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom